Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Shoes I skate

If any of you have seen me skate in the last 9 months or so you will have noticed that I have been skating the Nike SB Zoom Tre.  
I get asked all the time why I choose to skate this shoe over another more popular Nike or any other popular vulcanized shoe.  
My answer is pretty simple.  This shoe, although it takes a long time to brake in cause of the rubbery toe cap it has, maintains its padding.  The new vulcanized shoes everybody skates these days only feel good between your feet and your skateboard for the first week maybe.  After that its nothing but pain. 
I recently shot some photos of two friends of mine skating a seven stair.  Both of the guys were waring vulcanized shoes that were more than a week old and within no time at all both of the guys were complaining how bad their feet were hurting.  
Now understandably no matter what shoes your skating eventually they are gonna hurt skating drops, all I am saying is that some are better than others and are gonna last longer too.
Another great reason that I skate this particular model is that it lasts so long.  If you click one of the photos below you will see that across all of the toes is a rubbery grippy looking piece.  Unlike suede, leather, and other canvas type materials which after a little help from grip tape rip through with ease this rubber takes a long time to go through.  From my experience with this shoe your more likely to go through the sole around the toes than the rubber.  
Not only does it help to have rubber on the shoe to make it last longer but the design of the rubber itself causes you to go through it in layers as opposed to all at once like a traditional shoe. 
So even though these shoes may cost a good buck up front in the long run they well worth it due to how long they last.  When every other kid at the park is going though shoes like Winona Ryder you have the same pair, thus you have money to go spend on fresh decks cause no matter what deck you get they never seem to last.  And if your parents are the ones still buying you shoes than they will be pumped to cause I know they have said "What!! We just bought your new shoes!!" 
If I just sparked your interest and you want to check some color ways out other than the ones you have seen me skating at the park head here:  
http://www.nike.com/nikeskateboarding/v3/

This Shoe Has Been Skated For 2 weeks
This Shoe has been skated in for 6 weeks

This shoe has been skated in for 6 months

No comments:

Post a Comment